Having built and designed over 500 websites, hundreds of logos and just as many brochures and advertisements I thought I would share a few tips on how to best build a website that maximizes your budget and creates biggest positive impact for your business.
These days there are countless ways you can build a website.
You’ve seen the ads on TV…there are now hundreds of low cost web builders offered by everywhere…Godaddy, Wix, Yahoo…they all have their own cheap website options, pay a few bucks a month and there you go! Instant website. These low budget and free website options are a great option if you simply don’t care about your business growing or surviving. Seriously. They’re junk.
Think about this just a minute or maybe two…it’s your business we’re talking about. This is how you pay your bills and survive so it’s important to be smart on how you handle your online marketing.
Here are a few reasons why a business needs a professionally built website:
- Your website is probably the most important marketing component for your business. If it’s not, you probably have a junker of a website.
- Put it another way..your website is probably the number one way you can reach your customers and increase profits – which is what you want.
- Your top competition probably has a great website – so you should too
- Have you ever seen one of the “freebie” websites found in Google search results…the answer is no – they can’t and don’t compete. This is big!
- A top web professional understands Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and can help you get your website found on major search engines
- A great web designer has thousands of dollars of graphic software and experience to manipulate and maximize the photos you provide or use
- An experienced developer knows code. They can fine tune the code which can help with exact sizing, color, placement of images, etc.
- A web designer knows what works and what doesn’t – many people have no clue
- Most of these freebie web builders look terrible after a normal person tries to add their content. They look unprofessional.
So I get it. Money’s tight. My advice would be to cut corners on things that aren’t as critical to your business.
My Website Doesn’t Really Matter
Really? We’ve had plenty of people tell us their website doesn’t matter much because they never get any business from it. And surprise, surprise…their website has been a piece of junk for a decade…no wonder no one ever makes them any money! You have to be smart enough to understand when you need an expert. When your car breaks down, you take it to an expert. When you break a leg, you take yourself to a doctor. When your website needs help you should take it to an expert, someone with years of experience who has a great track record and who can help you in countless ways you don’t even know about. Your webmaster should be able to tell you the truth and work with your budget so you can get a website that can propel your business to the next level. Next time you’re planning on cutting corners…don’t sacrifice the quality of your website.